Friday, May 17, 2013

We Ride for Adam

One of our own Team PowerTrain Red Riders tells it like it is!
Adam Robbs

What living with Diabetes means to me.

I hate it! I hate that when under control I feel sick to my stomach.  I hate when out of control I am a mean person with wicked mood swings!  I hate taking insulin!  I hate giving myself shots!  I hate stabbing my fingers many times each day!  I hate losing feeling in finger tips!  I hate my eyesight changing!  I hate low blood sugars that scare me at night and then I’m afraid to go back to sleep for fear I won’t wake up!  I hate a special diet! And I hate people feeling sorry for me the most!

I may never see a cure but I will do everything I personally can to bring awareness to the disease and possibly help to cure this for the next generation.  I don’t want sympathy.  I don’t want pity.  I don’t need that. I’m not a great athlete but I will try that’s one step closer to the cure and every year I will get better.  I have people in my family that have it much worse.  I read about people that have the disease much worse than me.  I deal with people every day that have lost toes, fingers, feet, eyesight and lives because of this terrible disease.  So I’m not complaining by any means.

Diabetes will not beat me.

I am Adam Robbs and I have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment